Tuesday, December 31, 2013

     So it seems tradition to do a "Best of" for the year we are finishing up, before the New Year promises fresh starts and new beginnings.  In that vein I present to you my Best of Breakfast in the Mahoning Valley for 2013.  Of course this is a very one-sided, subjective list by Me, but I share it to invoke thoughts and jog your memories and hopefully you will call me out on a few of my choices and give me some other places to consider and maybe even try out for the first time.  Any way you look at it, if you take any of these suggestions, I guarantee you won't have a bad meal, maybe just not YOUR favorite, but give them a try, I think you will be pleasantly surprised..................Scott

Best Breakfast’s in the Valley of 2013:

Eggs (any style)Saratoga, Warren
OmeletJack’s Nest Egg Diner, Warren
Eggs Benedict:  (Just can’t find a “Best,” or even a “Great”) Suggestions Are Welcome
Pancakes (buttermilk):  PerkinsRestaurant, Boardman
Pancakes (specialty)IHOP, Niles
French Toast:  Pages Restaurant, Liberty
Chicken Fried SteakYankee Kitchen, Boardman
Bacon:  Landmark Restaurant, Austintown
SausageFirestone Farms Sunday Brunch, Columbiana
Italian Sausage:  Luciano’s, Austintown
Ham:  (The only non-Valley pick)  The Circle Restaurant, Deerfield
Corned Beef HashKravitz Deli, Liberty
Hash BrownsThe Waffle House, Any location
Breakfast PotatoesOldies and Goodies Diner, Boardman
Grits:  (My Exception to the Breakfast Rule) – Monteens, Youngstown
Biscuits and GravyBob Evans, Boardman
CoffeeDunkin Donuts, (Caribou Coffee; God rest it’s soul), Any Location
Orange JuiceCracker Barrel Restaurant, Austintown
MuffinMaggie’s Magic Muffins, Boardman and Austintown
Breakfast PastryPanera Breads, Any Location
Donut:  Apple Fritter, The Valley Marketplace, Boardman
Bed and BreakfastThe Columbiana Inn, Columbiana
Breakfast BuffetFirestone Farms Sunday Brunch, Columbiana
Fast Food:  Sausage Burrito, Burger King, Any location

1 comment:

  1. I really hope 2014 is the year I find a good Eggs Benedict...........Please leave comments if you know of a place!!

    ReplyDelete